Bacon Sleeping Bag For a ChickenInstagram #txbut069
- 1 fat chicken breast cut almost in half flat ways. Don’t slice all the way through , should be one piece.
- 9 strips of thick bacon
- ¼ inch piece of ham about 3x5
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp Biddy
- Okey dokey take your chicken breast and pound it out pretty thin. Try to get it evenly flat thickness.
- On a cutting board lay out a bacon weave. Over under, over under, until you have enough bacon surface to lay chicken breast on.
- I didn’t use Sowflakes on this because it’s too sweet to be mingling with the blue cheese.
- Cover chicken breast with Biddy (as much as you feel comfortable) and lay on bacon tent.
- See how the ham is one piece? Yeah, cut it evenly long ways to get at least 3 strips. This will make your rolling experience a lot better. Mine was only cut once because I was caught in a rock and a hard place. It worked but 3 strips would have been fine and 4 woulda been dreamy. A thin sliced no sugars deli ham would work great too but not that oscar myer crap in the yellow package.
- Lay ham on chicken breast then add about ¼ cup of blue cheese.
- Roll the sleeping bag away from you taking care of any bacon not rolling the right direction.
- Your roll should end up with bacon ends on bottom of chicken roll.
- On the sides of the roll pin loose bacon ends into the roll’s side with a toothpick or 5.
- I use an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet with a grate on top but you can lay flat on sheet if not grate is around.
IF you cook flat on cookie sheet remember to turn roll over with 15 minute left on cooking time. This will crisp up the bacon bottom better.
- Sprinkle more Biddy over roll and place on cookie sheet trying to keep bacon ends on bottom.
- Throw in oven for 30 minutes and check for problems.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes, pull and let cool.
- Slice it up and enjoy. It would feed 2 normal people, 1 me...
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn