Carnitas BiscuitsInstagram #txbut026
More testing with Pepper Bee I decided to use up a can of biscuits waiting for me to use. The meat is carnitas or typically called pulled pork when you live north of the dirty south. We baked these but you could use a slow cooker or even stovetop on low. I like to bake because I cut the pork in pieces and flip while baking. This will produce the brown crispy sides I remember at a punk. Carnitas has very little ingredients, in fact it’s salt and water. I did use black pepper but normally it’s not required.
- 5 pound pork shoulder roast 4-5 pound
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper optional
- 1 can biscuits these are the flaky ones
- 2 tbsp Pepper Bee
- ½ cup water
- Go ahead and start the the oven at 350.
- Cut the pork into 2 inch pieces and put in bowl. You can trim excess fat if you want.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork and mix to get get goo salt coverage.
- In a Pyrex/baking dish place meat with as much space as you can get the from each other.
- Pour in ½ cup of water.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes at 350.
- Uncover meat and bake for 30 minutes at 425 degrees (until just rendered fat left).
- Turn the meat and bake for about 20 more minutes until brown.
- Let meat cool to touch.
- With hands or fork break up meat until it’s just shredded.
- Follow instruction on can
- Split in half
- Butter (optional)
- Put carnitas on biscuit and pour Pepper Bee over top!
- Tear it up!
You could use any sauce you think would go good if you’re not looking at a bottle of Pepper Bee. I have used regular ole pancake syrup and it works. Little to much morning sugar but you know..
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn