Chicken Lettuce TacosInstagram #txbut019
Chicken Lettuce Tacos
This was my first time making the lettuce tacos I’ve seen for awhile around the web. My friend on IG posted something similar and had to go for it. These tacos had a very fresh taste with simple ingredients and very easy to make. This was done in the early days of Uglyade as I was beginning to realize Uglyade is not only a marinade but a great salad dressing too.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Salad
- 1 pack chicken breast about 3-4
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1 dash of salt and pepper
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 yellow orange, or red bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 drizzle Uglyade
- In a bag marinade chicken breast in salt, pepper, and Uglyade for at least 2 hours.
- I baked these in Pyrex at 350 for 40 minutes. If juices run clear your chicken is done.
- Let cool and cut into strips against the grain. If you see pink in chicken reheat in microwave for a minute, check, and repeat until chicken is all white.
Taco Part Prep
- Wash all veggies.
- Pull several good sized leaves of lettuce off head. Optionally cut thick part of vein off.
- Cut purple onion and bell pepper into ¼ inch strips
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut avocado like above or in cubes. Either will work.
- Chop up some cilantro.
- The Build
- Place a lettuce leave in hand.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, onion, 2-3 tomato halves, avocado and chopped cilantro.
- When you get all your tacos made drizzle Uglyade in them.
- Add as much or as little as you want but note a lettuce leaf can only hold so much.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn