Chicken Lettuce Tacos
- 2 lb chicken breast (about 3-4)
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz head of lettuce
- 4 oz avocado
- 8 oz bell pepper (orange, or red )
- 1/2 cup purple onion
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 oz Uglyade
- In a bag marinade chicken breast in salt, pepper, and Uglyade for at least 2 hours.
- I baked these in Pyrex at 350 for 40 minutes. If juices run clear your chicken is done.
- Let cool and cut into strips against the grain. If you see pink in chicken reheat in microwave for a minute, check, and repeat until chicken is all white.
Taco Part Prep
- Wash all veggies.
- Pull several good sized leaves of lettuce off head. Optionally cut thick part of vein off.
- Cut purple onion and bell pepper into ¼ inch strips
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut avocado like above or in cubes. Either will work.
- Chop up some cilantro.
- The Build
- Place a lettuce leave in hand.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, onion, 2-3 tomato halves, avocado and chopped cilantro.
- When you get all your tacos made drizzle Uglyade in them.
- Add as much or as little as you want but note a lettuce leaf can only hold so much.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn