Chicken n Rice Plus Key Lime Chum
Chicken n Rice Setup
- 2 lb chicken tenders ( cleaned and rubber free)
- 14.5 oz chicken broth (='s 1 can)
- 14.5 cream of chicken (='s 1 can)
- 15 oz rice (='s 1.77 cup)
- 1 tbsp Dawgs Bark
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup yellow squash (optional. sliced)
- 13 tsp garlic. (='s 1 bulb, rough chopped )
- ½ lb bacon (cooked drained chopped )
- 4 tbs butter (stick of oe 1/4 cup)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 oz lime juice
- Get a pan up to medium heat. You can just make the chicken and rice part if ya want. It’s
- Sprinkle or rub Dawgs Bark all over chicken tenders. If you are just making the chicken and rice I’d add more spices to chicken but that’s not necessary either.
- Pour in a drizzle of olive oil in hot pan and brown both sides of chicken.
- Mix the chicken broth, cream, and thyme in a bowl.
- Pour that (#4) in a small Pyrex.
- Evenly sprinkle rice in Pyrex.
- Lay chicken tenders in or on top of everything in Pyrex.
- If using lay sliced squash over the chicken.
- Cover Pyrex with aluminum foil and put in oven for 1 hour. Check for rice done-ness and you’ll probably need another 30 minutes in the oven.
- For the chum, heat up the pan you browned chicken in.
- Drop in butter and garlic and push around until garlic starts a wilt.
- Drop in bacon pieces and mix well.
- Now for the chemistry experiment.
- Pour your lime juice in the bacon, butter, garlic mix.
- Pour in the milk and start whisking. You should be seeing the solids come together. Keep whisking until smooth.
- If you want a smooth chum you’ll need to wait until end of bake time to start making it.
- The original way I was going to use the “chum” was to pour it over the yellow squash and let it go with the bake part. It’s up to you I’m sure both ways would work. I just didn’t want potential 2 lunch days in a row limed chicken 😉
- Bone a laugh bo peep!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn