- 40 oz corn (='s 5 fresh ears)
- ½ lb bacon (1/2 pack, cheap )
- ½ cup onion (chopped )
- 6 tsp garlic ( ='s 6 cloves sliced)
- 2 oz jalapeno (='s 1 diced seeded or not for hotter)
- 8 oz queso fresco
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs olive oil ( at the ready)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
Dump and Mix
- Get your grill going.
- Rub olive oil over shucked corn then sprinkle them with Cottonmouth.
- Either put corn on grill or cook by other means. Grilled gives a char flavor.
- Cook each piece of corn on 4 sides for about 3 minutes.
- Pull corn when cooked and set aside to cool.
- Cut all your bacon at once short ways ¼ inch
- Medium hot pan throw bacon in and cook till just crisp.
- Take a strainer over a bowl pour bacon in to drain out fat.
- Medium hot pan pour bacon grease in and garlic slices right behind it.
- Cook (fry) garlic until just brown. Pull from heat and set aside.
- With a knife cut down 4 sides of the corn. Get corn off cob.
- In a large bowl break up queso fresco into different sizes.
- I try to make sure everything is pretty cool to not jack with the mayonnaise.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- You can Pyrex this and bake it or chill it and eat as is.
- Bottom line, it’s redeye
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used