Pico Crab Cakes
- 1 pound Blue Crab (lump or what’s available)
- 1/4 cup Pico De Gallo
- 2 oz egg (1 egg scrambled)
- 4 tbs panko bread crumbs
- 4 tbs parmigiana (grated)
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Cottonmouth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Pico De Gallo
- 7 oz tomato raw (about 1 medium)
- 1 oz jalapeno (1 jalapeno)
- 2 oz onion (1/4 a medium onion)
- 1 tbs cilantro (chopped or hand torn)
- 1 tsp garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbs lime (half a lime squeezed optional)
- Make your Pico De Gallo. Our recipe is here.
- In a 4 quart bowl get your crab clean from shells.
- Melt the butter in a glass for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Add everything in the bowl of crab. EXCEPT the the vegetable oil.
- Mix the crab bowl well carefully trying to not break up crab meat too much.
- Make patties out of your crab mixture about 4” dia 1/2” thick. Much like a hamburger my batch made 6 patties.
- Lay crab patties on a plate, cover, and place in refrigerator 20-30 minutes.
- Get a large pan to medium low heat. 250° to 324°
- Once the pan is hot pour in the vegetable oil.
- Careful the patties will break apart easily.
- Place 4 patties (as many as your pan will fit but not over crowded in the hot oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- With a spatula delicately flip the patties and cook and additional 2 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove cooked crab cakes to a clean plate and finish cooking the remaining patties.
- Serve as appetizer or on top of your favorite grilled steak.
- Bon appétit!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn