Ultimate Breakfast Lasgna
- 5 cup hashbrowns
- 16 oz breafast sausage
- 16 oz bacon
- 18.7 oz eggs (scrambled =’s 11 eggs)
- 8 oz cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 4 tbs butter (unsalted)
- 2 tsp Cottonmouth
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay bacon on aluminum foiled cookie sheet.
- Start baking bacon for 30 minutes then check every 10 minutes until done.
- Remove and set off to the side flat on a plate. Keep oven at 350 degrees.
- Get a good pretty big nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Drop in breakfast sausage and brown while separating meat. I like to cook mine to where it has crispy darker spots.
- When sausage is brown to your taste, remove and drain.
- In the same dirty pan, add the onions, bell peppers, and 2 tsp Cottonmouth, 1 tsp of the salt. (.5 salt going in eggs)
- Carmelize the and add the 5 cups of hash browns.
- Cook to your desired doneness, at least not raw. I also like a darker golden crusty in my hashbrowns.
- Take a small taste of the hashbrowns for a salt check. Adjust if needed
- When done set the hashbrowns in a bowl off to the side.
- Wipe any crusty or leftover hashbrowns out of the pan but don’t clean.
- Set pan on medium-low.
- In another bowl crack the 11 eggs in, add 1/2 tsp of salt, and scramble with wisk. I scramble quite a bit but not too stiff.
- Drop the 4 tablespoons of butter in the pan and melt.
- Then gently pour in the scrambled eggs.
- If heat is low enough to let the eggs sit for about 2 minutes, then take a spatula and flip the bottom
- “cooked” to the top side.
- You won't be flipping like an omelet the egg should break and eventually finish.
- Try to undercook the eggs a frog's hair, but it’s not critical.
- Now layer everything. The eggs, hash browns, cheese, will be divided into 2.
- Butter up a 12x10 or small Pyrex casserole dish. Add layers: 1/2 hashbrowns, sausage, 1/2 eggs, 1/2 cheddar, 1/2 hashbrowns, bacon, 1/2 eggs, 1/2 cheddar.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Optional: to leave the foil on Pyrex and cook the lasagna for 45 minutes
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used