Filet MignonInstagram #txbut009
- 2 pack bacon wrapped filets we use the pre packed ones
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1 pound new potatoes or red potatoes or your favorite potato
- ½ tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ block gubment cheese or velveeta
- ¼ cup Scorched salsa
- ½ ounce milk
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- ⅛ onion very little
- 2 tbsp Uglyade
Marinade steak in Uglyade for 2 hours (longer the better)
- Set on counter to room temperature. (about 45 minutes)
- Set up grill, this was done on charcoal.
- At medium high heat if you're using a pan on stove.
- I like my steaks medium rare almost blue so the time for me on a 2” filet is 3 minute flip, 3 minute flip, and last 3 minute then off grill. To get the steak to medium rare (no bludo one more flip.
- To get steak to medium drop heat to medium on stove or find a cooler temperature on grill. Now do the steak at 4.15 minute flip x 4
- So Let's Review: Medium Rare Blue = 3 minute flip x 3 | Medium Rare = 3 minute flip x 4 | Medium = 4.15 minute flip x 4 | Well done...
- Your grilling will differ a little from ours. Temps weather techniques..
- Wash well and cut each potato into 4’s or 6’s depending on size.
- In bowl mix potatoes, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Cut velveeta in cubes about ½ inch
- Throw velveeta (or gubment cheese), milk, and Scorched in a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Check and stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Try not to let it bubble over it’s a mess.
- Take your avocado and carefully cut around it long ways so you end up with 2 halfs. One with a seed stuck in it, plop that out with the end of knife. Some people cut into seed and twist it out. Be careful, kitchen injuries suck.
- Scoop out avocado meat with large spoon trying to keep in tacked as best you can. Sometimes the avocado is so soft it may be better to over to a guacamole.
- Dice avocado meat and chunk on bowl.
- Dice up your tomato. If you don’t want seed cut tomato in half and scoop them out with spoon. Throw in the bowl of avocados.
- Onion is not necessary because the Uglyade is plenty flavor. If you do want them, dice the slice up and add to bowl.
- Add Uglyade and mix all together. Set in fridge covered until rest is ready.
Cooking steaks can be a pain in the butt. Main thing I’ve found is stay with them, don’t wander off. Sooner or later your gonna miss the mark you were trying to hit. Forget about it we all do. If you’re not using Uglyade in the salad add ½ clove crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn