Filet Mignon and Cheese Roasted Potatoes
Filet Mignon the Steak
- 12 oz beef tenderloin (we used the pre packed ones)
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1 lb red potatoes (or your favorite potato)
- ½ tbs coarse sea salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup block gubment cheese or velveeta
- ¼ cup Scorched
- ½ oz milk
Tomato Avocado Salad
- 6 oz avocado
- 5 oz tomato
- 1 oz onion (very little)
- 2 tbs Uglyade
- Marinade steak in Uglyade for 2 hours (longer the better)
- Set on counter to room temperature. (about 45 minutes)
- Set up grill, this was done on charcoal.
- At medium high heat if you're using a pan on stove.
- I like my steaks medium rare almost blue so the time for me on a 2” filet is 3 minute flip, 3 minute flip, and last 3 minute then off grill. To get the steak to medium rare (no bludo one more flip.
- To get steak to medium drop heat to medium on stove or find a cooler temperature on grill. Now do the steak at 4.15 minute flip x 4
- So Let's Review: Medium Rare Blue = 3 minute flip x 3 | Medium Rare = 3 minute flip x 4 | Medium = 4.15 minute flip x 4 | Well done...
- Your grilling will differ a little from ours. Temps weather techniques..
- Wash well and cut each potato into 4’s or 6’s depending on size.
- In bowl mix potatoes, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Cut velveeta in cubes about ½ inch
- Throw velveeta (or gubment cheese), milk, and Scorched in a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Check and stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Try not to let it bubble over it’s a mess.
- Take your avocado and carefully cut around it long ways so you end up with 2 halfs. One with a seed stuck in it, plop that out with the end of knife. Some people cut into seed and twist it out. Be careful, kitchen injuries suck.
- Scoop out avocado meat with large spoon trying to keep in tacked as best you can. Sometimes the avocado is so soft it may be better to over to a guacamole.
- Dice avocado meat and chunk on bowl.
- Dice up your tomato. If you don’t want seed cut tomato in half and scoop them out with spoon. Throw in the bowl of avocados.
- Onion is not necessary because the Uglyade is plenty flavor. If you do want them, dice the slice up and add to bowl.
- Add Uglyade and mix all together. Set in fridge covered until rest is ready.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used