Granny's Cabbage Taquitos
- 28 oz cabbage (1 Head, for big leaves)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounce cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup shredded parmigiano
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 oz egg (1 lg egg)
- In a large pot get some water in it to boil. Add a lil salt wouldn't hurt.
- Cut the core out of cabbage.
- Put head of cabbage in and boil for 10 minutes. I only used 1 head of cabbage and it was enough but barely. You might want to boil 2 heads or save any leftover meat stuffing for some wacky meatballs.
- In a medium heated pan put a little oil or butter in and saute onion and celery together.
- Cook them til translucent and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add beef, breadcrumbs, egg, pork, green onions, parsley, parmigiano, and lastly your cooled onion celery saute.
- Mix it all up well.
- Hopefully 10 minutes is up. Pull cabbage from water and set in strainer core side down and let cool until you can handle it.
- Carefully pull a leaf off cabbage head.
- Take about ½ cup of stuffing and put in root side of cabbage leaf and roll it like a taquito.
- Place seam side down in a Pyrex.
- Fill all cabbage leaves until you can’t fill any more.
- Take a can of tomato soup or V8 and pour it in the Pyrex.
- Cover Pyrex with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Once done plate them up and I poured some RED salsa across the top with sprinkles of parmigiano. Gave it a nice spice since RED is not complex. You could use any sauce tomato or not or none at all, the cabbage leaves pick up a lot of the V8 flavor.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn