Grilled Medallions Shrimp Stuffed SaladInstagram #txbut017
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Steak and Shrimp Wilted Salad
Testing some tenderloins wrapped in bacon marinaded in Uglyade. The salad is identical to our Mango Shrimp Salad except without the mango's and using queso fresco cheese instead of shredded colby. Well, and it’s a wilted salad if you dig it that way too.. To get this dinner to the table takes no time at all however, you do have to plan a day before.
Course: Main Course
- 2 tenderloin medallions you could also use pre-wrapped
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1 day to marinade
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 bag small frozen wild caught shrimp wild caught is our preference
- 1 head of Butterhead lettuce
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 ounce queso fresco
- 1 ounce Uglyade
- A day before add steaks to zip lock bag with Uglyade marinade. Close and place in fridge for next day.
- Grill day pull steaks from fridge and wrap a slice of bacon around each one. Pin bacon to tenderloin with a toothpick.
- Place coals to the side so you can have a hot side and not so hot side.
- I like a fresh tenderloin rare to even blue (really rare). These steaks were cooked on colder side of pit 3 minute flip, 3 minute flip, and 3 minute flip on hot side for cross grill marks. To get a medium cooked I’d put steaks as far away from fire as possible. Doing this way you’re almost baking. You’ll have to keep an eye on them but for medium go for 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, and 5 minute flip pull meat.
- The salad was purposely done 2nd because I was wanting hot shrimp dumped on cold salad.
- So, cut up your salad parts, there’s not much lettuce and tomato.
- Place strategically on dinner plate.
- Crumble queso fresco over salad.
- Nothing fancy was done to the shrimp.
- When defrosted in a medium high heat pan drizzle some olive oil in.
- Drop in shrimp and a dash of salt.
- Slap around until shrimp are almost pink or pink (your preference)
Finish It Out
- Dump hot shrimp over plated salad.
- Place steaks.
- Drizzle Uglyade (1-2 ounce all over everything).
- There ya go! Have fun with it.
I like wilted if not room temperature salad and fruits for that matter. If you don’t like wilted salad let shrimp cool down before the great shrimp dump.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn