Grilled Bacon Wrapped Steak and Shrimp Wilted Salad
- 12 oz tenderloin medallions (you could also use pre-wrapped)
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 4 oz bacon (='s 2 strips)
- 1 lb shrimp
- 12 oz lettuce
- 3 oz tomato (roma )
- 1 oz queso fresco
- 1 oz Uglyade
- A day before add steaks to zip lock bag with Uglyade marinade. Close and place in fridge for next day.
- Grill day pull steaks from fridge and wrap a slice of bacon around each one. Pin bacon to tenderloin with a toothpick.
- Place coals to the side so you can have a hot side and not so hot side.
- I like a fresh tenderloin rare to even blue (really rare). These steaks were cooked on colder side of pit 3 minute flip, 3 minute flip, and 3 minute flip on hot side for cross grill marks. To get a medium cooked I’d put steaks as far away from fire as possible. Doing this way you’re almost baking. You’ll have to keep an eye on them but for medium go for 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, and 5 minute flip pull meat.
- The salad was purposely done 2nd because I was wanting hot shrimp dumped on cold salad.
- So, cut up your salad parts, there’s not much lettuce and tomato.
- Place strategically on dinner plate.
- Crumble queso fresco over salad.
- Nothing fancy was done to the shrimp.
- When defrosted in a medium high heat pan drizzle some olive oil in.
- Drop in shrimp and a dash of salt.
- Slap around until shrimp are almost pink or pink (your preference)
Finish It Out
- Dump hot shrimp over plated salad.
- Place steaks.
- Drizzle Uglyade (1-2 ounce all over everything).
- There ya go! Have fun with it.
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used