Grilled Medallions Shrimp Stuffed SaladInstagram #txbut017
- 2 tenderloin medallions you could also use pre-wrapped
- ¼ cup Uglyade
- 1 day to marinade
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 bag small frozen wild caught shrimp wild caught is our preference
- 1 head of Butterhead lettuce
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 ounce queso fresco
- 1 ounce Uglyade
- A day before add steaks to zip lock bag with Uglyade marinade. Close and place in fridge for next day.
- Grill day pull steaks from fridge and wrap a slice of bacon around each one. Pin bacon to tenderloin with a toothpick.
- Place coals to the side so you can have a hot side and not so hot side.
- I like a fresh tenderloin rare to even blue (really rare). These steaks were cooked on colder side of pit 3 minute flip, 3 minute flip, and 3 minute flip on hot side for cross grill marks. To get a medium cooked I’d put steaks as far away from fire as possible. Doing this way you’re almost baking. You’ll have to keep an eye on them but for medium go for 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, 5 minute flip, and 5 minute flip pull meat.
- The salad was purposely done 2nd because I was wanting hot shrimp dumped on cold salad.
- So, cut up your salad parts, there’s not much lettuce and tomato.
- Place strategically on dinner plate.
- Crumble queso fresco over salad.
- Nothing fancy was done to the shrimp.
- When defrosted in a medium high heat pan drizzle some olive oil in.
- Drop in shrimp and a dash of salt.
- Slap around until shrimp are almost pink or pink (your preference)
- Dump hot shrimp over plated salad.
- Place steaks.
- Drizzle Uglyade (1-2 ounce all over everything).
- There ya go! Have fun with it.
I like wilted if not room temperature salad and fruits for that matter. If you don’t like wilted salad let shrimp cool down before the great shrimp dump.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn