Chicken Tendies and MangoInstagram #txbut027
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 ½ cup mangoes fresh or frozen
- ½ tbsp black pepper fresh cracked
- ¼ cup Honey Bee
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- Trim chicken tenders. I cut about 1 inch in on either side of the white rubber band and filet it out. This sometimes makes an ugly tenderloin but the rubber band has got to go IMO… Then pull off the white translucent membrane, it’s thin and doesn’t require the knife.
- Put you ugly tenderloins in a bag and add the salt and pepper. Squish bag to coat all the tendies.
- Cut the bell pepper up into strips or odd varying shapes. You can use any color pepper that you want. The reds and orange tend to be a little sweeter and we eat with our eyes.
- Cut your mango up. The mango seed is flat egg shaped. Carefully cut down both sides of mango so you have 2 half's. You can take a large spoon and scoop out the meat in one swoop. On a cutting board cube the mango and set aside.
These were done late at night so they were cooked on a grill pan inside. I highly recommend cooking them over charcoal. Chicken varies on cooking time, these were thin tendies so it’s was less time on medium heat. I look for dark grill marks then flip. When you start to see juices run clear your tendies are most likely done. A fail safe way would be to use a thermometer to check internal temp. If I am grilling a thick piece of chicken I will set away from coals for 20 minutes or have the oven at 350 ready for a 20 minute chicken bake.
- The build was chicken, mango, bell peppers, and lastly drizzle Pepper Bee over everything. Enjoy!
You can take the rest of the skin off the mango seed and bite the meat off like a cob of corn. You'll be glad ya did!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn