- 3-4 pound chuck roast (pick what’s on sale)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 4 oz chipotles
- 4 tsp garlic
- 1 cuo onion
- 1 tbs lime
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb shrimp (cleaned)
- 1/2 tbs Cottonmouth
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz pack corn tortillas
Barbacoa Slow Cook
- Cut up the chuck roast in 2- 3 inch cubes
- Cut up the chipotles, garlic, and onion.
- Instock a pot stock pot at medium heat pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Throw everything in the pot but meat and broth. Cook till tender.
- Throw in the meat and sear all sides. I like to get a crisp dark seared color.
- Turn heat to low and pour in beef broth.
- Simmer for 6-8 hours covered.
- Heat pan to medium then add butter
- Add crushed garlic and salt stir until almost starting to brown.
- Add shrimp and cook both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and set aside
The Taco Build
- In a pan toast tortilla to taste.
- Place about ¼ to ½ cup barbacoa in tortilla.
- Top taco off with the cooked shrimp and white onion and cilantro (or your own…)
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn