Oven Ribs and Cheddar MashInstagram #txbut039
Oven Ribs and Cheddar Mash
4 hr 10 mins
Trying to catch up with recipes and create a good system to make them happen. If you see a dish you’d like to get recipeed out on socials point me to it and I’ll move it to top. This one is a first of a final blend going to come out soon called Sowflakes. It’s made for pork, a little spicy, and honey pumped for an outstanding final crust. Just waiting on a few testers and maybe one more tweak depending on them. I do ribs all kinds of ways via homemade electric smoker, charcoal grill slow smoke, a true smoker, and the oven. Mostly I only do “low-n-slow”, there are several techniques to smoking but in the long run low-n-slow is baking. Electric, charcoal, smoker, and oven will all give a different final taste. It is rare I will ever low-n-slow any cut of meat covered. Just an opinion but to me that’s boiling. lol Very quick and easy recipe time to cook take a bit tho. Anyways, I’m rambling.
Course: Main Course
- 1 slab of ribs. Your fav.
- 4 tbsp Sowflakes Biddy works great too
- RUST to taste
- 1 baker potato This was done for one so multiply ingredients as needed.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Salt to taste.
- Heat oven to 245
- Cut ribs into single ribs.
- Cover ribs in Sowflakes
- Place ribs bone down on safe grease catcher pan, Pyrex, grate over cookie sheet…
- Cook/bake uncovered for 4 hours and check.
- Look for meat shrinking on bone and dark in color crust.
- If meat shrunk they are ready if not go for another hour, rinse and repeat until looking fancy..
- Take a fork and stick holes in it on all four sides.
- Cook in microwave at 11 minutes or until soft.
- When you can handle the heat cut potato in half longways and scoop (with spoon) potato only in a bowl.
- Add dash of salt, cheese, and butter.
- With a potato masher, mash until smooth. You may have to reheat a little to soften butter and melt cheese.
- Take a taste test, you may need another dash of salt.
- Plate The Magic
- Since we didn’t use milk in potato the “mash” is glutinous play doh. Shape it with hands however you want, above is a cue ball 😉 …
- These ribs don’t need sauce but I have to test stuff. RUST is on them but you could go nakey or use what you got.
- Enjoy Amigo!!!
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn