Oven Ribs and Cheddar MashInstagram #txbut039
- 1 slab of ribs. Your fav.
- 4 tbsp Sowflakes Biddy works great too
- RUST to taste
- 1 baker potato This was done for one so multiply ingredients as needed.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Salt to taste.
- Heat oven to 245
- Cut ribs into single ribs.
- Cover ribs in Sowflakes
- Place ribs bone down on safe grease catcher pan, Pyrex, grate over cookie sheet…
- Cook/bake uncovered for 4 hours and check.
- Look for meat shrinking on bone and dark in color crust.
- If meat shrunk they are ready if not go for another hour, rinse and repeat until looking fancy..
- Take a fork and stick holes in it on all four sides.
- Cook in microwave at 11 minutes or until soft.
- When you can handle the heat cut potato in half longways and scoop (with spoon) potato only in a bowl.
- Add dash of salt, cheese, and butter.
- With a potato masher, mash until smooth. You may have to reheat a little to soften butter and melt cheese.
- Take a taste test, you may need another dash of salt.
- Plate The Magic
- Since we didn’t use milk in potato the “mash” is glutinous play doh. Shape it with hands however you want, above is a cue ball 😉 …
- These ribs don’t need sauce but I have to test stuff. RUST is on them but you could go nakey or use what you got.
- Enjoy Amigo!!!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn