Pinto Beans Just Add Rice
- 75 oz pinto beans (='s 5 cans. Strained and washed with cold water. )
- 29 oz chicken broth (='s 2 cans)
- 1 cup onion (chopped )
- 8 tsp garlic (='s 8 cloves, chopped )
- ½ lb bacon (1/2 pack of cheap )
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- Get a medium heat pan going.
- Cut all bacon short ways ¼ inch
- Cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Strain bacon from grease into a bowl.
- Take half the bacon grease and add it to a medium heated pot.
- Throw in onions, garlic, and salt-n-pepper and cook till translucent.
- Add beans and chicken broth and stir in.
- Simmer for 45 minutes
- Add stuff you like at the appropriate spot, or don’t.
- Have fun with it and enjoy!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn