Pinto Beans Just Add Rice
- 5 cans of beans strained and washed with cold water
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 chopped onion
- 8 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ pack of cheap bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get a medium heat pan going.
- Cut all bacon short ways ¼ inch
- Cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Strain bacon from grease into a bowl.
- Take half the bacon grease and add it to a medium heated pot.
- Throw in onions, garlic and salt-n-pepper and cook till translucent.
- Add beans and chicken broth and stir in.
- Simmer for 45 minutes
- Add stuff you like at the appropriate spot, or don’t.
- Have fun with it and enjoy!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn