Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Ravioli
- Ravioli ice tray
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 6 oz egg (scrambled =’s 2 eggs)
- 3 oz egg (scrambled for ravioli glue =’s 1 egg)
- ¼ tsp salt
Ravioli Stuffing Parts
- 6 oz crab (Lump, claw is fine it will put off more crab flavor. Fresh or can crab is seasonal…)
- 6 oz shrimp (Cleaned and rough chopped about 3/16 diameter.)
- ½ cup parmigiana
- 1 oz egg (scrambled = 1 egg)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 g garlic (fresh chopped =’s 2 cloves)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 14 ½ oz tomatoes (diced stewed canned)
- 1/2 tbs basil (Fresh chopped or julienne for garnish.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz shrimp (Cleaned an deveined.)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
The Ravioli Build
- Combine all the Ravioli Stuffing Parts in a large bowl and set in the refrigerator. Save a couple tablespoons or parmigiana for garnish.
- Combine all the Ravioli Parts in you food processor EXCEPT the egg for the glue.
- Run the machine until a ball of dough forms.
- If it’s not going to ball up add 1 tbs of water until it does.
- Knead the ball on a flat flour dusted surface you can work on until you have a well combined mixture.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces.
- Keeping things flour dusted roll out each piece until 1/16 thick. It’s pretty thin if you want you should have enough dough to go thicker (optional tip). It is a delicate process boiling the ravioli without breaking.
- Lay a piece of dough on the ravioli ice tray.
- 10. Add a max of 1 tablespoon ravioli stuffing in each divot of your tray. It is best to not make a mound on the bottom of ravioli because rolling a roller pin over the overstuffed ravioli will get messy. Try to keep it flat.
- 11. Take a brush and wipe/paint egg on all the sides of the ravioli divots.
- 12. Place another one of your sheets over the ravioli.
- 13. Roll over your tray with a rolling pin. This will marry the two pasta sheets together. Do the other tray.
- 14. Pull out the raviolis, the tray should have proliferated the dough.
- 15. Get a pot of slightly salted water up to a boil and lets start the sauce.
The Sauce Build
- In a medium heat pan add the onion, garlic, and salt. 325-350 degrees
- Cook the onions until limp.
- Add the tomatoes and whisk in the flour. Heat down to medium low 250-300 degrees
- Back to the ravioli. Carefully place them in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the water from ravioli.
- Heat the tomato sauce backup to medium heat.
- Whisk in the whipping cream and add shrimp. Cook for 2 min.
- Carefully put the ravioli in the sauce for a last 2-3 minute cook.
- Pull from heat, let cool halfway, plate, garnish parm/basil.
- 10. Wala!
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used