Seahorse EggsInstagram #txbut058
Lobster Stuffed Jalapenos
1 hrs 30 mins
Playing around with a new sauce while at grocery I noticed my seafood merchant still had lobster on the cheap other wise these are usually done with lump blue crab. You can’t see them but there was a shrimp under the bacon on these. Personally I wouldn’t add the shrimp again because you can’t really enjoy them with the lobster. One or the other in my opinion, chopped lobster or chopped shrimp. So this recipe doesn’t include it but add’em if ya want.
- 1 pound lobster or shrimp meat. Chopped into ¼ to ½ inch pieces.
- 12 jalapenos. These were large you can get a lot more with smaller.
- 2 cups shredded parmigiano
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 diced red jalapeno (optional)
- 1 pack cheap bacon 10-12 slices (just say not to maple flavored)
- 1 tbsp Sowflakes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Few dashes Louisiana type hot sauce.
Seahorse Egg Birthing
- Start your oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil and a rack on top.
- In a large bowl add and mix: chopped lobster, parmigiano, bread crumbs, egg, and optional red jalapeno.
- Cut your jalapenos long ways so you have a cap and a boat. You can cut in half too, there will be less stuffing and double the Seahorse Eggs. In this case (my gluttony) the caps were trashed and ended up with extra stuffed boats.
- Pack your jalapenos with the stuffing making as tight as possible in shape of an egg-ish. Place on cookie sheet rack to keep stable.
- I use cheap bacon in these instances because it cooks better. Thick bacon takes longer to cook and ends up over cooking the lobster.
- So anyway lay out the number of toothpicks you're going to need to keep from crossbreeding Ebola.
- Cut your bacon in half and pick your best side. Went from 12 to 24 strips.
- Roll a strip of bacon around one or your stuffed jalapeno trying to get it to overlap with it other end.
- Stab a toothpick to pin bacon to stuffed jalap.
- Place back on your rack.
When done wrapping sprinkle Sowflakes over the Seahorse Eggs.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- While baking in a bowl mix up mayonnaise and few dashes Louisiana type hot sauce.
At 50 minutes switch oven to broil, pull stuffed jalaps, dollop them with mayonnaise, and broil for about 4 minutes. Keep an eye on them, pull when you see browning.
- Let cool and get yer top hat out!
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn