Shrimp and Grits Casserole
- 1/2 cup grits
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 salt (to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar (shredded )
- 2 lb shrimp (chopped into 1/4")
- 1/4 cup green onions (Save some for garnish.)
- 2 tsp garlic (='s 2 cloves chopped up. I do medium but what you like is fine.)
- 4 oz bacon ( ='s 2 oz chop up to 1/4 inch.)
- In a saucepan bring salt and chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in grits, reduce heat, and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Start oven temp to 350 degrees.
- In pan at medium heat cook 2 slices of chopped bacon and cook just at crispy.
- Add chopped green onions and garlic to bacon and push around till tender and garlic browning.
- You can drain fat. I don’t.
- Dump bacon onion mixture in grits and mix.
- Add one cup of cheese and chopped shrimp.
- Stir your grits magic til everything is even. Cheese should have melted.
- Rub some butter on bottom of small Pyrex.
- With a large spoon place grits mixture in Pyrex and smooth out.
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over remaining 5 shrimp and place them evenly on top of grits.
- Put your masterpiece in oven uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Check at 15 minute intervals until top is brown-ish.
- Mine took took 45 minutes.
- Enjoy this is a good one!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn