Shrimp and Grits CasseroleInstagram #txbut043
- 1/2 cup grits
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 15 shrimp 9 chopped into 1/4 inch pieces. The other 6 leave whole for top.
- 1/4 cup green onions Save some for garnish.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped up. I do medium but what you like is fine.
- 2 slices thick bacon. Chop up to 1/4 inch.
- ¼ cup of water to make up for what you were shorted from the chicken broth...
- In a saucepan bring salt and chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in grits, reduce heat, and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Start oven temp to 350 degrees.
- In pan at medium heat cook 2 slices of chopped bacon and cook just at crispy.
- Add chopped green onions and garlic to bacon and push around till tender and garlic browning.
- You can drain fat. I don’t.
- Dump bacon onion mixture in grits and mix.
- Add one cup of cheese and chopped shrimp.
- Stir your grits magic til everything is even. Cheese should have melted.
- Rub some butter on bottom of small Pyrex.
- With a large spoon place grits mixture in Pyrex and smooth out.
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over remaining 5 shrimp and place them evenly on top of grits.
- Put your masterpiece in oven uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Check at 15 minute intervals until top is brown-ish.
- Mine took took 45 minutes.
- Enjoy this is a good one!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn