Shrimp n Asparagus Casserole Olé!
Besides adding bacon hop ups the only thing I’d do differently next time (see before pic) is lay the asparagus on the bottom of Pyrex because asparagus can get stringy if you don’t cut off enough of the bottom. Sometimes you can cook out the stringy but there’s not a chance of cooking it out if pieces are in the air cooking. I’ll reflect next time in instructions.
- 1 lb shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 10 oz asparagus (fresh it's bundled at my joint)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cup chicken broth (2 cans = 28oz add water to make the 2 cups)
- 1 cup rice (1 dry 2 wet ^)
- 4 oz butter (one stick)
- 2 tsp garlic (2 cloves)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Cottonmouth
- 1/2 tsp salt (more if needed)
- Parsley for looks ((optional))
- Tomato for looks ((optional))
- In a bowl add shrimp, 1 tbs olive oil, and Cottonmouth. Mix and throw in fridge.
- Cut bottoms of asparagus off about two inches up. Trash the bottoms.
- Then cut the good asparagus parts in one to two inch lengths.
- Get a pan up to medium low 250° to 324°
- Start oven to 350°.
- Add to pan 2 tbs olive oil, onion, garlic, and salt.
- Cook until translucent and add butter to melt.
- Taste onion butter for salt.
- In a large bowl add the cup of rice, onion butter, parmesan, and shrimp. Mix well.
- Take your large Pyrex and evenly lay the asparagus on bottom (don't do it like before pic).
- Dump the rice butter shrimp bowl over the asparagus. Even it out.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top trying to wash off any rice granules off the top that would be exposed to air.
- Place in oven uncovered for 2 hours.
- I checked rice by scooping out a little with the tip of a spoon at 1, 1.30, 1.45, and it was done at 2 hr. Your results may vary.
- Pull, cool, garnish for sport and tear it up!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn