- 1 lb shrimp (jumbo mine netted 17 shrimps YRMV)
- 1.5 cup milk
- ½ cup flour (self rising)
- ½ cup corn meal
- 2 oz egg (1 egg)
- 1 tbs Cottonmouth
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 6 cup vegetable oil (or peanut oil for frying)
- In a medium pot or whatever you like to fry stuff in fill it with the vegetable oil.
- Put a thermometer in the oil so it’s not touching bottom.
- In a large bowl add the egg, milk, Cottonmouth, salt, and pepper.
- Beat it with a whisk until it’s mixed well.
- Add the corn meal and flour and mix until smooth.
- Heat the oil to 360
- While oil is heating up clean your thawed shrimp. You can leave tail on or tail off.
- Set up a cookie sheet with a brown paper bag on top of it. Paper towels will work.
- Dip your shrimp in the batter to cover shrimp meat and carefully drop in oil.
- I only do 6 shrimp per batch. This will drop the oil temperature but recover easily.
- Try to fry the shrimp at no less the 350 degrees.
- When the shrimp turn golden brown at about 2 to 3 minutes remove them to the cookie sheet with metal tongs or handled strainer.
- Do the rest of the shrimp batches until done.
- Optionally, when the shrimp is done you can take spoon fulls of the batter and drizzle in the hot oil to make delicious crispies. You’ll need a metal strainer with handle to get the our effectively.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn