Spud's McTacoedInstagram #txbut052
- 1 pound ground meat
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 1 Russet potato or “baker” good sized for you
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 pack of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 strips bacon
- Green onions
- Salt to taste
- In pan brown and drain ground meat.
- Place back in med heat pan with ¼ cup Taco Dust and 1 cup water.
- Push meat around for about 3 minutes until water dissipates and thickens. Taste test, ¼ cup Taco Dust is good and ½ cup will bring it up to burp level 10. Play around with it to get it right by your tongue.
- Take a fork in hand and let about ¼ inch poke out bottom of fist.
- Poke potato 3 times down length on four sides as if it were square.
- Place on microwave safe plate and microwave high for 10 minutes.
- Start oven preheat to 350
- When you can hold the potato cut a 1 ½ inch wide strip off top skin.
- Scoop potato meat out of potato without breaking skin. You should have a boat with ¼ inch walls.
- Put potato meat in bowl with butter dash of salt and about ¼ cup shredded cheddar.
- Mash it up real good. A splash of milk will help smooth it.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded cheddar in meat mixture and mix well.
- Stuff potato boat with meat mixture.
- Take a piece of aluminum and form it into a saucer big enough for potato.
- Wrap and pin bacon with toothpicks around side of potato and place in aluminum saucer.
- Bake ½ stuffed potato for 15 minutes.
- Place potato meat cheese mix on top of potato and bake for another 15 minutes
- Pull from oven and drop some sour cream and green onions on top.
- I didn’t get crazy mostly because of starving but you could add your fav toppers like salsa or something. Been seeing a lot of people flop a fried egg on top of dinner, guess that’ll work too 😉
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn