Bacon Stuffed Anaheim Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust (less is fine this is max)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup colby cheese
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 oz bacon (The equivalent of your pepper count. 1oz = 1 slice)
- 8 oz anahiem peppers (4 total)
Make Taco Meat
- In a pan cook the ground beef.
- Over sink put cooked meat in strainer to drain. I press to try and squeeze out maximum fat.
- Put meat back in pan at medium high.
- Add water and stir in Taco Dust.
- Stir well for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a bowl crumble blue cheese to fine or coarse.
- Chop up the chives as fine as you can. They’re little, I understand the pain.
- Now drop in the sour cream, buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
Make a Salsa...
- If you're not using Scorched below is a pretty good salsa.
- Chop up the bell pepper, onion, and tomato.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Salsas are better if you can make a day ahead of time.
The Pepper Build
- When meat is cool mix in the colby cheese.
- Cut tops off peppers and scrape out seeds and veins.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Wrap bacon around pepper up to hole stuffing. Try to get enough bacon at end of wrap to cover meat hole. Pin flap into pepper with toothpick.
- You can bake directly on baking pan but I use a grate on pan to separate juices when cooking.
- So, bake at 350 for 30 minutes and check bacon for crispy-ness. Then check again every 15
- When peppers are done plate them, drizzle blue cheese dressing, and plop off with salsa.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used