Bacon Wrapped Stuffed AnaheimsInstagram #txbut010
Bacon Stuffed Anaheim Chili
Tonight we stuffed some Anaheim chili’s in an effort to not throw away leftovers from previous dinners. They turned out great however I would recommend a filler in the stuffing to make more firm when done. I think bread crumbs would work perfect. The recipe is as if starting from scratch since I doubt you have the same laying around in your fridge. There is a lot you can stuff peppers with, this is just another idea of what you can do with them.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust less is fine this is max
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup colby cheese
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives or green onions
- dash Original hot sauce optional
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Scorched salsa alternative below
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno seeds = hot | ½ jalapeno = medium | seedless = mild
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Slices of bacon the equivalent of your pepper count.
- 3 anahiem peppers
Make Taco Meat
- In a pan cook the ground beef.
- Over sink put cooked meat in strainer to drain. I press to try and squeeze out maximum fat.
- Put meat back in pan at medium high.
- Add water and stir in Taco Dust.
- Stir well for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a bowl crumble blue cheese to fine or coarse.
- Chop up the chives as fine as you can. They’re little, I understand the pain.
- Now drop in the sour cream, buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
Make a Salsa...
- If you're not using Scorched below is a pretty good salsa.
- Chop up the bell pepper, onion, and tomato.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Salsas are better if you can make a day ahead of time.
The Pepper Build
- When meat is cool mix in the colby cheese.
- Cut tops off peppers and scrape out seeds and veins.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Wrap bacon around pepper up to hole stuffing. Try to get enough bacon at end of wrap to cover meat hole. Pin flap into pepper with toothpick.
- You can bake directly on baking pan but I use a grate on pan to separate juices when cooking.
- So, bake at 350 for 30 minutes and check bacon for crispy-ness. Then check again every 15
When peppers are done plate them, drizzle blue cheese dressing, and plop off with salsa.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn