Tator Tots Taco'edInstagram #txbut024
Tater Tots Covered in Taco Parts
I get excited when I see a drive thru joint advertising fried potatoes covered in stuff usually cheese. The problem is when you get it home it doesn’t look like the picture. In my never ending quest to not have to close my eyes when I eat, this taco tize monstrosity happened. I already had the tater tots so my grocery trip was not a list but picking up things that would work together. There are many other parts that can go in this go with your gut.
Course: Main Course
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅛ cup Taco Dust or any other you have
- ½ cup water
Blue Cheese Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing or make your own
- 1 bag of tater tots or your favorite style
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1 disk queso fresco
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 pack grape tomatoes
Make Some Taco Meat
- In medium heated pan brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Put drained meat back in pan with Taco Dust and water.
- Cook for a couple minutes the set to side.
Blue Cheese Guac Build
- Pretty easy just add avocado meat and blue cheese dressing.
- Smash with a fork until desired consistency.
Tater Bake and Build
- Follow instructions to bake your frozen taters and get that started. We got other things to do.
- Cut off about a 1 inch slice off your Velveeta block. Make 9 cubes and chunk in bowl.
- This is optional but I pour a shot of milk over Velveeta cubes to get a thinner consistency.
- In microwave cook Velveeta for 30 seconds, check, stir and repeat as needed.
- In another bowl break off about 2 square inches of queso fresco cheese. Crumble chunk with hands until you are happy with texture. Set aside..
- Roll cilantro as tight as you can and cut as thin as you can. About 1/8th to 1/4th inch. You can just chop it up too.
- Now for the build bottom to top: tater tots, taco meat, Velveeta pour, grape tomatoes, guacamole plop, queso fresco, cilantro. Get after it! Add as much or as little as you want.
With the avocado concoction, I used a high dollar blue cheese dressing but really anything will work. Ranch is great too! In fact any dressing you like probably works. I have tried many, from French to Italian and can’t say any turned me off.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn