Steak Crescents Texas StyleInstagram #txbut068
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescents. I got ones labeled Big but didn’t notice big.
- 2 pound flat iron steak.
- 1 bag Tillamook cheddar farm cut shredded
- 1 tbsp Taco Dust (Optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup Scorched
- 1 pinch of salt mostly to smash out garlic. Pinch is about 1 tsp
- Charcoal grilled these so if you are to get that going.
- Dust your steak with Taco Dust. Liked it but it’s not really TD’s function. Dawgs Bark or even Cottonmouth would work too. Hell mix’em
- Start oven preheat to 350.
- Let meat sit for at least 30 minutes on counter. Your coals will take about 20 minutes anyways.
- Grill steak 4 min, flip, 4 min, flip, 4min. This will be a blue to medium rare cook. Heat and your opinion matters so if you like a medium to well done extend the grill time.
- Pull steak and rest on counter, on plate.
- Field dress your avocado into a bowl.
- On cutting board chop up garlic clove.
- Add pinch of salt to garlic and smash in with flat side of knife blade.
- Dump garlic smash in avocado and smash it all.
- Take a piece of handi wrap? Place on top of avocado smash. Like where it’s touching all exposed avocado. Place in fridge.
- Cut steak against the grain at about ¼ inch thick. Strips should be about 3 to 4 inch long.
- Pop open your can of crescents and lay one out.
- At bottom of triangle place a strip of steak and about 1 tspn of Tillamook cheese. You like cheese? Add more
- Roll it up and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once all 8 are loaded, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. That’s what my can said.
- Plate them up! If you don’t have Scorched no worries, the guac alone is fine. Matter fact you don’t need that either.
- Make it disappear!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn