Chicken Tacos Styled Twice
- 4 cup chicken breast (='s 4 breast get the high dollar ones. They are about or a little bigger than your fist.)
- 3 tbsp Cottonmouth
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 oz tortillas (='s 1 pack)
- 1 cup tomato ( diced, (de-seeded it if ya want))
- 2 oz jalapeno (='s 1 jalap diced (field dressed for less heat))
- ½ cup mango ( diced, fresh, canned doesn’t work.)
- ¼ cup onion (red, white, yellow)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped )
- 1 cup avocado (='s 1-2, half mashed)
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic (='s 1 clove chopped then salt smashed with side of knife)
- 4 tbsp Scorched
- 1/4 cup cheddar (shredded)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled )
- 1 tsp salt ( to taste, guac should be fine but pico might need some help)
Pico and Guac Build
- If charcoaling start your charcoals or your stove top grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl mix tomato, onion, cilantro, mango, and jalapeno.
- Light dash of salt and stir. Taste. Need more salt? Another dash.
- Pico done set off to side.
- When you smash the garlic clove with salt try to make it a paste. This should count for enough salt in your guacamole.
- Normally I don’t put anything else in my guac but this time I did. Sour cream, it’s up to you both ways works.
- Add avocado, garlic mash, and sour cream to a bowl and mix well.
- With a spoon make the top of guac a smooth flat surface on top.
- Place a piece of sarahan wrap directly on top of guac so the whole top of guac is touching the wrap. This will keep it from oxidization just in case. Put this bowl in fridge.
Chicken & Tortilla Burn
- Cover chicken with Cottonmouth. A lot or a little, you can’t over salt.
- With your heat not too high put chicken on grill for 5 minutes each side. Then 3 minutes each side.
- Chicken cooking has lots of variables with one goal. Make sure it’s cooked. A great fail safe is to have your oven heated to 350 to finish out any bird that’s not cooking all the way through before burning on the grill. Chicken needs to get to 165 degrees internal heat to keep from regrets…
- When cooked place chicken on counter to cool for cutting.
- Heat to medium low a small non stick pan for tortillas.
- In my area I can buy tortillas in raw form. You may not have that option. The tortillas in the bread section aren't tortillas they are thin pita bread. If this all you can get we can still doctor them up with the heated pan in step #5. Lastly, tortillas are very easy to make scratch. I’m just too messy with flour so I don’t.
- For tortillas and thin pita bread. Put light coat of butter in pan then the tortilla or thin pita bread.
- The bread will bubble or swell. This usually means flip and toast the other side.
- Toast all your tortillas and cover with clean towel.
- Cut your chicken breast into around 1//4 inch strips against the grain.
Make It Happen
- Fold tortilla in palm.
- Taco #1 Add couple 3 chicken strips, some guac, some Scorched, and some crumbled blue cheese. Rince and repeat.
- Fold tortilla in palm.
- Taco #2 Add couple 3 chicken strips, some mango pico, and some shredded cheddar. Rinse and repeat.
- That’s it champ! Live it up!!!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn