Mushroom Shrimp Scampi-sh
A hop up of mushrooms added to Shrimp Scampi minus the lemon that turned out great. Maybe it’s not even considered Shrimp Scampi but that’s what we’re calling it. The lemon deduction and mushroom addition definitely pumped up the richness. It’s also a little more unique because we used our Cajun spice on the shrimp. I guess we could call this a lot of things but when we get right down to it, it’s delicious! Very easy to knock out in a matter of minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 16 oz angel hair pasta Thin spaghetti or just spaghetti.
- 1 lb shrimp cleaned and de-veined
- 2 oz mushrooms fresh sliced, usually half 8 oz carton
- 4 g garlic =s about 4 cloves. Fresh chopped to your desired texture.
- 1 tbs Cottonmouth If using your own Cajun seasoning adjust salt accordingly.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 a stick or 2 oz
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley optional garnish
Get a large pan on medium heat. 325° to 374°
Start a pot of slightly salted water for the pasta to high heat. 450° to...
Add thawed shrimp to bowl and mix with the olive oil and Cottonmouth until evenly coated. Set aside for a second.
Add 1 ounce of butter and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Swirl till melted.
Drop in garlic and mushrooms.
Push around until the mushrooms have reached your desired texture.
Dump the mushrooms in a large bowl and set aside.
When pasta water begins to boil stir the pasta in. Angel hair pasta set timer for 5 minutes.
Set dirty mushroom pan back on medium high heat. 375° to 400°. This will create a slight crust on shrimp at a higher heat setting.
10. Add remaining butter and shrimp to pan.
11. Fry shrimp in pan until outside is just white. If heat is right it should take 2.5 minutes per 2 sided shrimp. It’s okay if they are not full hard on white cooked. The next steps will finish them out. We are trying to get a crust in the mix.
12. Pasta should be ready and drained. By now
13. Add the mushrooms and al dente pasta to the pan with shrimp on medium heat. 325° to 374°
14. Toss with tongs for about 3-4 minutes mixing everything together.
15. Set off the heat and add a sprinkle or three of parsley over the finished dinner.
16. Give it about 5 minutes before you sink your teeth in and enjoy!
Serving: 355g | Calories: 1360kcal | Carbohydrates: 174g | Protein: 77g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 632mg | Sodium: 3158mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1595IU | Vitamin C: 11.2mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 8.6mg