Flat Iron BitesInstagram #txbut023
Flat Iron Bruschetta Texas Style
Probably my favorite steak is the flat iron or blade steak. This is left over blade steak we used Dawgs Bark on as a seasoning. The inspiration for the dish was for testing our other seasoning Cluck and what it taste good on. The hardest part of this recipe would be cooking the steak unless you already had leftover steak. A lot of these recipes are built on what we have on hand so don’t hesitate to use any type of leftover beef you may have. It’s a pretty universal recipe.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- 1 pound flat iron steak blade
- 2 tbsp Dawgs Bark
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 sm bag shredded cheddar
- 1 tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 jalapeno de-seed for low mouth hot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bottle Cluck
- 1 sour cream
- Pinch of salt
Flat Iron Grill
- Flat iron streaks are pretty hard to screw up. They are good pan fried, grilled, reverse seared..
- Rub Dawgs Bark all over steak and set on counter while you prep fire.
- In your pit get charcoal lit and coal red. This will take 20-30 minutes.
- Off to the side of the red hot coals lay you steak on grill. I normally go medium rare however I like this one closer to medium so the bread doesn’t go too soggy. My time is (yours will var3 min flip, 3 min flip, 3 min flip, 3 min pull steak.
- Set steak on counter to rest. Away from puppies!
Brochette Prep and Build
- Dice tomato, onion, and jalapeno and throw in bowl.
- Crush garlic clove and put in above bowl. Dash with salt and mix/stir.
- Cut french bread into ¼ to ½ inch slices. I try to enough to match amount of meat. About 20
- On a cookie sheet lay a piece of tinfoil over in.
- On top of that lay french bread slices.
- Cut your flat iron steak into 1 ½ to 2 inch squares and place one piece on each bread slice.
- Put some of the tomato mix (picover all the half built bruchette.
- Sprinkle cheese over all the half built bruchette.
- In your oven broil until cheese melts.
- Pull from oven and place on plate.
- Dollop sour cream on each bruschetta and lastly sprinkle Cluck seasoning over everything.
- It’s ready!
It’s easy to be greedy with these. Don’t be greedy 🙂
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn