Meatball Po'BoyInstagram #txbut028
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bag parmigiano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic smashed or chopped up.
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs about same amount as parmigiano cheese
- ½ tbsp salt
- 5 basil leaves chopped up
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1 pack or sliced mozzarella
- 1 jar olive salad
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag of Funyuns
- Start oven and get’r up to 350
- Put all the meatball parts in a bowl and mix with hands to get ingredients throughout.
- You can cook these in a Pyrex, but I used a grate on top of a aluminum cookie sheet.
- Make the meatballs by rolling in hand like play dough. As big or as little as you like. Above image they are about 2 ½ inches (a little too big).
- Set as many as you can on grate and place in oven for 30 minutes. Check them to see if they need more time. They will be dark brown and you can always pull one and cut it open. A good rule of thumb is if you see clear juices oozing out they are ready.
- If you're using the red bell pepper roast it with the meatballs in open or bake in tin foil.
- Cut French bread to size then down middle without cutting through.
- Place meatballs in sub and mozzarella slices over that.
- On cookie sheet place your sub/s and put in oven under broiler until cheese melts. Maybe 5 minutes.
- Slice up avocado.
Plate your sub and drizzle Uglyade or any sauce you like over it.
- Add olive salad, avocado slices, and roasted red bell peppers.
- Bring the whole bag of Funyuns or plate them too.
- Get after it!
I didn’t use marinara or sauce on this I used our Uglyade. Something comparable would be Italian dressing. .Anything you like would work on this. I was testing...
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn