Mini Double Bacon Cheese BurgersInstagram #txbut038
- 1 pound ground beef I did 90% fat free
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 bag marbled cheddar jack slices
- 1 small pack thick bacon. 1 slice per burg
- ½ white onion finely diced
- 1 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 box frozen Texas Toast in frozen section
- Some mayonnaise
- Some Smoked hot sauce
- In a medium heated pan cook the bacon. These were done just before crispy. Either way will work if I was cooking for Mom I’da gone crispy…
- Pull bacon and drop in onions, garlic, and dash of salt. Stir around and cook them down until brown. This give a deep beefy flavor that sets off your burgers for the win imo.
- Take your ground beef and make about 3 inch round patties as thin as you can get them.
- Dash of salt and pepper on both sides of you patties.
- This is a good time to start Texas Toast if that's what you’re using. Play by the boxes rules.
- When onion mixture is done pull them and set aside.
- In same pan drain out bacon grease but don’t get all crazy and completely clean it. Leave it bacon slick.
- I used 90% because less fat and to get a bacon fry “bark” around the patties. There was no medium rare, medium… these were cooked. The other parts gave the moist we all want.
- Times will vary but when you pull the patty go ahead and place cheese on every other one or all of them.
- Welp, seems the the hard part is done. One pan clean up will be quick too.
- From bottom to top: toast, patty, cheese, patty, bacon, browned onions, splash of Smoked, and a spread of mayonnaise on top piece of bread.
I’m not writing any recipes I didn’t dig because they didn't excite me enough to type. Some of them make me hungry when I revisit. This is one.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn