Mini Double Bacon Cheese Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef ( I did 90% fat free)
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
Burger Build Supplies
- 7.2 oz cheddar jack
- 16 oz bacon.
- 4 oz white onion ( finely diced)
- 1 tsp garlic (='s 1 clove chopped)
- 11.25 oz Texas Toast (in frozen section)
- 2 oz mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Smoked
Bacon Onion Garlic Beef Prep
- In a medium heated pan cook the bacon. These were done just before crispy. Either way will work if I was cooking for Mom I’da gone crispy…
- Pull bacon and drop in onions, garlic, and dash of salt. Stir around and cook them down until brown. This give a deep beefy flavor that sets off your burgers for the win imo.
- Take your ground beef and make about 3 inch round patties as thin as you can get them.
- Dash of salt and pepper on both sides of you patties.
- This is a good time to start Texas Toast if that's what you’re using. Play by the boxes rules.
- When onion mixture is done pull them and set aside.
- In same pan drain out bacon grease but don’t get all crazy and completely clean it. Leave it bacon slick.
- I used 90% because less fat and to get a bacon fry “bark” around the patties. There was no medium rare, medium… these were cooked. The other parts gave the moist we all want.
- Times will vary but when you pull the patty go ahead and place cheese on every other one or all of them.
- Welp, seems the the hard part is done. One pan clean up will be quick too.
- From bottom to top: toast, patty, cheese, patty, bacon, browned onions, splash of Smoked, and a spread of mayonnaise on top piece of bread.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn