Cajun Chicken Melt
- 3 tbs salt
- 3 cup water
- 1 tbs Cottonmouth
- 2.5 lb chicken breast (2 to 4 lbs)
- 18 oz ciabatta bread (6 in a pack from Walmart)
- 8 oz cheese (Swiss or your call)
- .25 lb bell pepper (green sliced)
- .25 lb bell pepper (red sliced)
- 6 oz mushroom (sliced fresh)
- 6 oz lettuce (butterhead)
- 2 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 6 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the brine ingredients (water, salt, Cottonmouth)well in large enough bowl to also accommodate the chicken.
- Cut your chicken breast in half long ways.
- On a solid surface lay a piece of handi-wrap out, put 2 pieces of chicken on the wrap, and add another piece of wrap over the top. Ziplock bags work too.
- With a meat cleaver pound out the chicken breast mostly on the thick side to match the thins thickness.
- Add the pounded chicken to the brine, cover, and set in the fridge.
- Get your grill going to medium-high heat (375° to 400°).
- In a saucepan at medium heat (325° to 350°) add the 2 tbs butter, bell peppers, garlic, and salt.
- When peppers begin to sweat, add in the mushrooms until they are at your desired doneness.
- Set veggies to the side or make them with the chickens next steps.
- Drain brine from chicken. Pat dry to prevent raw chicken drips.
- Add all the breast pieces to grill off the heat. Add as many ciabatta rolls you can
- Keeping an eye on the grill each side for 6 minutes (safe) or 5 minutes if you know your grill. Six minutes usually guarantee grill marks.
- Don't let the ciabatta bread burn.
- Start stacking what you want! This one is lettuce, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, cheese. I like wilted lettuce if you don't, lay it on top.
- This sandwich is all yours. Enjoy it your way.
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn