Shrimp-n-Grits Nicker Dropper
Shrimp n Grits Contents
- 2 pounds shrimp ( peeled deveined cleaned)
- 6 slices bacon (cheap or thin )
- 5 tsp garlic (='s 5 fresh sliced cloves)
- 1 cup grits
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cheddar
- 2 tbsp Cottonmouth
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tbs green onions (Garnish optional)
- 1/2 tbs parsley (Garnish chopped optional)
Other Options (parts)
- 6 oz shrimp (large jumbo, per person)
- 1 cup corn (fresh ear, per person)
- Get your oven to 350 degrees.
- On an tin foil covered cookie sheet lay out 6 slices of bacon. If I had to buy a whole pack I will cook all of it. It keeps well in fridge.
- Put bacon on oven for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Keep oven at 350.
- Dump Cottonmouth on drained shrimp and mix until even coverage. Cottonmouth isn’t salty so you may want some. I didn’t feel the dish needed more salt at all.
- In a small medium heated pan drop in butter swirl around until melted.
- Drop garlic and dash of salt in butter.
- Push garlic around until browned. Take off heat. A chef once told me this is known as brown butter garlic. I call it Lays is missing out.
- K your Pyrex and sizing. I used my 7x11 and the guts filled to the brim. I highly recommend using the bigger pyrex to avoid spills when inserting in oven. I got lucky this time and not chancing it next time.
- Butter bottom of Pyrex and evenly dump shrimp.
- Sprinkle cheese over the shrimp. Highly recommend Tillamook cheese if possible.
- Crumble or chop up bacon and sprinkle over cheese.
- Sprinkle the grits even as possible over the the current stack.
- If you can find a 16 ounce can of chicken broth you're good to go. Pour the 1 cans over the goods. If your chicken broth is 15.5 ounce pour 1 can in a 2 cup measuring cup and fill to 2 cup with water…. You need 2 x liquid to 1 dry.
- Pour the fried garlic and butter over as the last layer.
- Carefully place in oven and bake for 1 hour and check at 45 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let cool a little before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley and green onions and drop’em!
Other Options Build
- Get your grill (hibachi used) started when you insert above on oven.
- Clean shrimp armor leaving head and tail on.
- Carefully cut line long ways on back of shrimp to expose poo vein.
- Wash it out trying to keep head and tail on.
- Cover ear of corn with olive oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp and corn with Cottonmouth.
- Place corn on grill and move around until almost done with nice char marks.
- At end of corn cook go ahead and place shrimp on grill for about 1 minute per side.
- Heat times will vary. You know your grill better.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used