Steak -n- Cheddar SlidersInstagram #txbut057
- 1 pound NY strip or your favorite de-boned steak
- 2 tbsp Dawgs Bark
- 1 ounce red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag small buns. Mine were labeled “French buns” but were more like sourdough.
- 1 bag Tillamook shredded cheddar. I believe it was labeled “farmcut”.
- Start your hibachi charcoal or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Assuming you aren’t using an electric deli slicer get your steak almost frozen but cut-able.
- NY steak cuts will usually have a band of fat along one side. Cut it off plus any other offensive fat.
- Cut steak against the grain at 3/16 of an inch. This is kinda hard with knife just go slow and carefully.
- In a bag or bowl: add steak, vinegar, olive oil, and Dawgs Bark. Mix up trying to not break your meat slices.
- If you got your grilling surface pretty hot take a slice of your meat and throw on grill.
- Fill grill with as many slices as you can (I got 3 each time).
- Cook for 1 minute one side then 30 seconds 2nd side. This will vary depending on your heat and meat slice thickness. When cooking 1st side the meat will almost be visibly cooked through to the 2nd side.
- When all the meat is cooked half your buns and throw on grill face down to heat or make toasty.
- Build it!. I did bottom bun, 2 meat slices, thick cut cheddar, 2 meat slices, and lastly another cheddar drop. Close and get after it!
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn