Angelic Grilled Shrimp and Sketty#txbut041
Angelic Grilled Shrimp and Sketty
Nice white sauce a little different from parmigiano typically used in Alfredo sauces. Used Oaxaca cheese, browned garlic, and shrimp pieces as a part of it. I usually never veer from parm but did this time and it worked out great. If you don’t have access to Oaxaca cheese parmigiano still works. Oaxaca is a Mexican cheese a lot like Monterrey Jack so if you’d like to try that get after it.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
The Sauce Parts
- 3 shrimp chopped/cubed
- 2 ounces milk or cream
- ¼ cup shredded Oaxaca parmigiano or monterrey cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic sliced or chopped
- 1 dash of salt
Grilled Shrimp Parts
- 1 pound shrimp reserve 3 for sauce
- 1 tbsp Cottonmouth
- Dash olive oil
- 1 dash of salt
Pasta and French Bread Parts
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/4 cup parmigiano shredded
- dash of salt
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter and some to spread to spread
- Cut french bread long ways, spread butter on cut side, dash salt and garlic powder.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle parmigiano cheese over it.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Get your grill started and a pot of water to start boiling. Usually I don’t know when the water is gonna start to boil so I’ll get it warmed up to medium high then turn up the heat to boil when I can see the rest is within 7 minutes of being done.
- Peeled shrimp in bowl with Cottonmouth, touch of olive oil, and dash of salt mixed in.
Sauce and Shrimp Build
- In a sauce pan get it up to medium to medium high heat. Drop in butter and swirl around until melted. If too much smoke turn heat down a notch or two.
- Drop in garlic and push around until starting to brown. About 1 minute
- Drop in shrimp and and push around until they start to turn white.
- Dash in salt and pour in milk or cream while stirring.
- Get shrimp on grill and come back in and stir sauce.
- Turn up water to boil.
- Drop in cheese and stir until smooth. Remove from heat this doesn’t take long.
- Go back to grill and flip shrimp.
- Continue cooking them until done. I like almost white but some people like total white. Depending on heat hot and shrimp placement, it’s only about 3 minutes.
Pasta and Bread Build
- Break paste in half or drop in boiling water original length and stir.
- Place bread in oven.
- In about 7 minutes your pasta is ready. Stir to keep spaghetti from sticking to one another. You can pour a shot of olive oil in there to help.
- Drain pasta in a strainer and check on bread.
Bread's done when you see browning.
- Put pasta on plate and pour sauce over it.
- Place grilled shrimp. As many as you want.
- Piece of garlic bread and then garnish with anything. I used cilantro because I almost always have it. Parsley is probably better suited… It’s not that necessary to the taste, it’s more eye candy.
- Hope you dig it!
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn