Chicken and Waffles
Not a hater of Chicken-n-Waffles. Nevertheless syrup on fried chicken still has me a little conflicted. Long story short a customer asked why I don’t use more Pepper Bee in my nightly IG dinners. One being, I don’t generally eat meals with a lot of sugar. She didn’t care and insist on more Pepper Bee ideas… This is my best Pepper Bee recipe to date and good it was. However, I’m still conflicted with sugar (honey) bombed recipe as dinner.
- 1/4 gal water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup Cottonmouth (optional)
- Mix the brine above well in a large bowl. Enough to hold brine and all the chicken tendies.
- Clean your chicken breast tenders. This is my most important part is to get the white tendon out and the thin membrane off.
- Place chicken in brine, gently stir, and slightly squeeze chicken.
- Place brine chicken in refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- I grilling start charcoal.
- Drain chicken tenders in strainer and let dry or pat dry.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the chicken and pierce both ends with a skewer. It should be in the shape of a shrimp. Do all of them until you run out.
- Sprinkle Sowflakes all over the skewers chicken.
- Grill the chicken skewers or cook them how you want/like.
- 10. Set a stick of butter on counter to let it start softening.
- 11. Bring the cooked chicken in and pull from the skewers.
- 12. Heat up you waffles in the toaster.
- 13. Once toasted cooks the waffles you’re ready to plate.
- 14. Here’s how I stacked it from bottom to top. Waffle, butter, 2 chicken tendies, pour some Pepper Bee, waffle, butter, 2 chicken tendies, then lastly the rest of Pepper Bee!
- 15. Get after it 😉
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn