Make Beef Fajita Quesadilla
- 1 lb beef fajita (cubed and grilled to your preference)
- 8 oz tortillas (4 flour 6")
- 6 oz sliced mushroom
- 1 cup colby cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbs butter (stick)
- Grill fajitas and cube them. Prep anything else going in (mushrooms in this one)
- Get your best 6” + pan heated to medium low 250° to 300°
- Hot pan cold butter = less to non-stick.
- Peel the paper down about 1-2” so you can apply butter to hot pan.
- If using raw tortillas you’ll need to cook them 1st.
- Rub stick of butter to lightly cover bottom of pan.
- Place tortilla in pan and leave of cheese over it.
- Add your fix’ns, beef and mushrooms evenly.
- Add another layer of cheese.
- Too much cheese can make a difficult flip be careful. Just say’n.
- Finally add another tortilla.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes. Check at 3 by lifting a side to look under or cheese melting on 1st layer is a good indication.
- When ready to flip quesadilla place the beveled side of the saucer on top of the quesadilla.
- The Art of the flip starts. Caution Hot:
- Left hand holding the pan handle.
- Five fingers holding down the saucer slightly pushing down the quesadilla.
- In one motion, flip the pan over where you now have the saucer on the tips of your fingers. Like a waiter carrying out food.
- Set the saucer with the half cooked quesadilla on counter.
- Re-butter the pan back on heat.
- Carefully take the saucer of quesadilla and slide it into the pan raw or uncooked side down.
- Let cook again 4-5 minutes to finish melting the cheese that was original on top.
- When cheesy you can usually slide the quesadilla on a plate or flip back on to saucer like above.
- When serving I cut it in four’s to get four triangles and add the guacamole, pico, sour cream, salsa etc...
- Thank you for reading my Ted Talk.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used