Cajun Grilled Shrimp and Twisted Dirty Rice
- 1 pound shrimp (jumbo )
- 3 tbsp Cottonmouth
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic ( clove super smashed with dash of salt.)
Dirty Rice Nuts-n-Bolts
- 14 ounce rice
- 28 ounce chicken broth
- ¼ cup bell pepper (chopped )
- 1 1/12 cup celery (chopped (3 stalks))
- 1 cup onion (chopped medium )
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp salt
Dirty Rice Construction 1st
- In a medium heated saucepan spray some no stick spray (if needed) and drop in pork sausage.
- Cook pretty hard to where you get dark brown crispy pieces. The more the better.
- Drain pork and set aside.
- Put the dirty saucepan back on heat, add a shot of oil, then the trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery).
- Add salt while stirring trinity. Cook until onions turn translucent (non crunchy).
- Add cooked pork, chicken broth, and rice in trinity. Mix it up.
- Set heat to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- This is a good time to start shrimp.
- Stoves vary in heat ranges. All four of my burners register different heat when set at same settings. Your simmer should be a week one to prevent bottom rice from burning. You might want to check and stir dirty rice at five minutes.
- At 10 minutes check if rice is done and taste test for salt. Depending on weather conditions it can take my rice extra time to cook.
- When ready set aside.
Shrimp To Plate
- Peel shrimps body armor “rings” from head to tail leaving head and tail on at your preference.
- Carefully cut line on back of shrimp to expose and remove crap line. Clean with cold water, carefully if you're keeping head and tails.
- Cover shrimp with Cottonmouth leaving a pinch for plating.
- Now these were done on a cast iron grill pan but I’d rather had them charcoaled.
- Get your grill pan to medium high heat.
- Spray no stick and lay in shrimp.
- Cook shrimp for about 1 minute per side and pull.
- Put butter, cilantro, garlic in bowl, and heat for about 30 seconds.
- I took a cereal bowl and filled it with dirty rice.
- Placed dinner plate on top of bowl upside down.
- Flipped the two together so plate is now upright and bowl is upside down.
- Removed bowl leaving perfectly shaped mountain of rice on plate.
- You can also just spoon some rice on plate.
- Lay shrimp all around rice mountain.
- Pour melted butter concoction over shrimps.
- Dash remaining Cottonmouth over plate.
- Pour yourself some Boones Farm and get after it!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn