Cream Cheese Stuffed Shrimp - Spanish Flies
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over the shrimp.
- Cut caps off jalapenos and slice each one long ways to get 2 halves.
- De-seed the jalapeno halves. I just use a spoon and scrap'em out. Wash under water to make it mild.
- In a separate bowl add the cream cheese, mango, cilantro, and salt. The mango should be about 1/4" squared. If you bought frozen they are about 1" squared. If that's the case just give them a rough mash instead of cutting each cube.
- Mix all above well and lets prep the bacon wrapped shrimp.
- Take about 2 tbs of the cream cheese mix and pack in the jalapeno halves.
- Take a shrimp and lay one in each jalapeno long ways. You can push a little down to seat it in the cream cheese.
- Get a grate on top of a aluminum foil cookie sheet.
- Heat oven to 350
- Lay out a strip of bacon and from the large end of the jalapeno roll the bacon down it. Like a candy can overlapping a frog's hair to cover whole pepper.
- If you need a toothpick to pin the bacon down do it now.
- Set each bacon wrapped shrimp with cheese on the grate and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- At 30 pull from oven and brush Dirtyleg all over.
- Place back in oven for an additional 15 minutes. By this time the bacon should be ready. If not go for another 10 minutes until it’s at your perfect color.
➕ Nutrition - About
➕ Last 10 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn