Killer Chili Cheese DogInstagram #txbut012
Corkey’s Deer Sausage Chili Cheese Dog
1 hrs 5 mins
1 hrs 25 mins
My bud Corkey made me these one day and it instantly turned into my favorite hot dog. This was done with deer chili and deer links but since people including me don’t always have venison laying around consider ingredients being beef and a Texas hill country type sausage. Our chili mix is still in the lab so for the chili use your favorite mix or a base one from scratch listed below. Hunters, if you haven’t tried this with deer... I shit you not. This chile recipes is enough for 8 but chili freezes well so you can have on hand for quick-ness.
Course: Main Course
- 2 large white onions diced save a few for topping off dogs
- 6 slices thick bacon
- 6 garlic cloves chopped up
- 2 pounds ground beef or deer
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 5 diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce tomato paste optional
- 1 bottle Shiner Bock
- 2 tbsp masa or corn flour optional
- 1 can of ranch optional, pinto, or red beans
Hot Dog Framework
- 1 pack hot dog buns
- 1 pack Texas hill country links or your deer link sausage
- 1 bag shredded yourchoice cheese
- 1 ounce Smoked
Make Some Chili
- Adding beans are totally up to you. If you use them it disqualifies the chili from entering a Texas Chili contest. I saw an Oprah episode one day how nutritious red beans are so I use them when they work...
- In a stock pot that can handle your dump heat it to medium high heat.
- Put a shot of oil to keep bottom slick and add your bacon.
- Cook bacon till done and pull it leaving grease.
- Drop in the onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook the piss out of them (translucent).
- Add the ground meat and cook till brown.
- Add diced tomatoes, ancho chili powder and paprika. Cook till tomatoes had enough (5 minutes).
- Reduce to simmer and add Shiner Bock.
- Good time for beans and tomato paste if using.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- End it off by adding cumin, break up bacon, and optional masa.
- Stir It up and turn off heat.
Mount The Hot Dog
- Cook your sausage however you want. This was cooked on charcoal grill.
- Warm bun/s in oven to fresh’n up.
- Pretty simple, put dog in bun, top off with chili, cheese, diced onion, Smoked hot sauce.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn