Foghorn Leghorn EnchiladasInstagram #txbut051
Foghorn Leghorn Enchiladas "It's a joke son!"
1 hrs 20 mins
This is pretty similar to the last Chicken Enchiladas recipe on here with a couple hop-ups and speed in mind. Instead of making the verde sauce I bought mine. It’s made by Herdez but your fav is fine. Verde sauce is really done one way unless you are on a quest to make something unique about it. Everything else going in these chilladas you won’t notice the verde much anyways. My bird dealer only had family sized tenderloins so I bought the boneless thighs (4). If you like white meat by all means get it. I used a cast iron grill at high heat then left on a charcoal grill pettering out to finish out the inner cook. This isn’t practical so it’s probably better to turn down cast iron heat and sear longer there. If your chicken is burning before the inside is cooked a preheated 350 oven works. I’ll cook this bird like normal people. Also, if your chicken merchant has good pre cooked bird this can almost cut time in half. My pre cooked merchant, meh lol. This made 5 good sized enchiladas more like the size of burritos. I’ll try to remember to rate these IMO from 3 to 5 being OMG. 3 = likely won’t crave 4 = put it in the dinner loop 5 = all timer. One and two’s won't be written.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
- 1 pound deboned chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Biddy
- 12 ounce jar Herdez Tomatillo Verde
- 12 ounce monterey shredded cheese. (2 cups)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce queso fresco
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 slices thick cut cooked bacon cut ¼ inch squared (optional)
- 2 tbsp super minced white onion
- 4 tbsp thin sliced ½ inch long purple onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ounce sliced black olives (can)
- 1 sliced avocado
- Salt dashes
- Pack of flour tortillas by the bread. Not my fav , fresh if you can.
One Shot Build
- Sprinkle a pretty good coat of Biddy all over chicken. You can rub in or use your own seasoning, whatevs. Heat your oven to 350.
- Medium heat cast iron grill pan. Hot pan cold food prevents sticking but go ahead and spray pan with nonstick spray. Easier clean up…
- Drop in your chicken and do 4 flips at every 4 minutes. Visual, timers, and a thermometer will help a lot. To stay safe the inside of bird meat needs to reach 165 degrees. Personally I peg it to 170. If the meat outside is going burn before the internal temp is met turn down heat and plan on finishing out in oven. You can also be dirty and microwave bird to get to your temp. Microwaves cook inside to out.
- Once cooked slice into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl add queso fresco, sour cream, finely minced onion, cilantro (save a dash), ¼ “ cut bacon (save a few pieces), and a dash of salt for luck.
- Mix with hands well.
- In a small bowl add remaining bacon, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and light dash of salt. Mix well.
- Rub some butter on the bottom of pyrex.
- Take a tortilla in hand and plop three 1 ½ inch enchilada stuffing in your chilada. Regular size spoon 1 2 3, you may need to adjust depending on size of tortilla.
- Lay 2 strips of chicken down chilada, then lay 2 more.
- Roll best you can and place enchilada in Pyrex seam side down. You may have to subtract from chilada if it’s not completing the circle.
- Pour 12 ounce verde sauce all over the enchiladas.
- Cover will all the monterey cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Pull aluminum foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Sprinkle some black olive and your red wine onion mixture over top. (optional)
- These, like lasagna to me are better next day. Serve right out of oven like above image can be messy. Normally I’d at least wait for finger temps to serve.
I’ll try to remember to rate these IMO from 3 to 5 being OMG. 3 = likely won’t crave | 4 = put it in the dinner loop | 5 = all timer. One and two’s won't be written.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn