Foghorn Leghorn EnchiladasInstagram #txbut051
- 1 pound deboned chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Biddy
- 12 ounce jar Herdez Tomatillo Verde
- 12 ounce monterey shredded cheese. (2 cups)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce queso fresco
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 slices thick cut cooked bacon cut ¼ inch squared (optional)
- 2 tbsp super minced white onion
- 4 tbsp thin sliced ½ inch long purple onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ounce sliced black olives (can)
- 1 sliced avocado
- Salt dashes
- Pack of flour tortillas by the bread. Not my fav , fresh if you can.
- Sprinkle a pretty good coat of Biddy all over chicken. You can rub in or use your own seasoning, whatevs. Heat your oven to 350.
- Medium heat cast iron grill pan. Hot pan cold food prevents sticking but go ahead and spray pan with nonstick spray. Easier clean up…
- Drop in your chicken and do 4 flips at every 4 minutes. Visual, timers, and a thermometer will help a lot. To stay safe the inside of bird meat needs to reach 165 degrees. Personally I peg it to 170. If the meat outside is going burn before the internal temp is met turn down heat and plan on finishing out in oven. You can also be dirty and microwave bird to get to your temp. Microwaves cook inside to out.
- Once cooked slice into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl add queso fresco, sour cream, finely minced onion, cilantro (save a dash), ¼ “ cut bacon (save a few pieces), and a dash of salt for luck.
- Mix with hands well.
- In a small bowl add remaining bacon, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and light dash of salt. Mix well.
- Rub some butter on the bottom of pyrex.
- Take a tortilla in hand and plop three 1 ½ inch enchilada stuffing in your chilada. Regular size spoon 1 2 3, you may need to adjust depending on size of tortilla.
- Lay 2 strips of chicken down chilada, then lay 2 more.
- Roll best you can and place enchilada in Pyrex seam side down. You may have to subtract from chilada if it’s not completing the circle.
- Pour 12 ounce verde sauce all over the enchiladas.
- Cover will all the monterey cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Pull aluminum foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Sprinkle some black olive and your red wine onion mixture over top. (optional)
- These, like lasagna to me are better next day. Serve right out of oven like above image can be messy. Normally I’d at least wait for finger temps to serve.
I’ll try to remember to rate these IMO from 3 to 5 being OMG. 3 = likely won’t crave | 4 = put it in the dinner loop | 5 = all timer. One and two’s won't be written.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn