Garlic Baked Onion
- 6 oz onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic (rough chopped)
- 1 tbs Dawgs Bark
- Get the oven or pit to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top of onion off.
- Remove skin. (or leave it)
- From the top cut part of onion carefully with a knife cut down to bottom of onion just shy of cutting all the way through.
- Do above twice to make a 4 section pie.
- Take the onion and put on a piece of foil.
- With your hands cup the foil around the onion while smashing some of the foil down so the onion will sit upright.
- You can also take another piece of foil and make a ring to keep onion upright.
- Field dress your garlic and rough chop it.
- Put the Dawgs Bark on the garlic and with the side of your knife smash it in to the garlic.
- Take the smashed garlic and smear on top of onion.
- Pour some olive oil over the top.
- Close up the foil over the onion to keep it from loosing moisture.
- Place the foil package in your cooking vessel for 1 hour.
- Remove, let cool, and open when ready to eat.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn