Grilled Flank Steak with Queso Covered Fries and Mango Pico
- 2 pound flat iron or blade steak
- 2 tbs Dawgs Bark
The Mango Pico
- 6 oz tomato
- 3 oz onion
- 1 tsp garlic clove
- 2 oz jalapeno seeded or not. Unseeded will be warm/spicy
- 1/2 mango
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese small 1/4" cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt to your taste
- 12 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1 oz milk
- 1/4 pico without mango see instructions
- 14 oz fries “steak cut” or what you like best.
Liberally rub Dawgs Bark all over steak. If you don’t have Dawgs Bark try this: Sprinkle fresh cracked black pepper, salt, garlic powder and natural sugar all over steak. You can apply these to your taste. I personally don't put a lot of sugar.
Set out on counter until it's room temperature and you can see it sweat. I let it sit on counter for 45 minutes regardless. Push back far away from puppy if leaving unattended.
You can grill this however you feel comfortable. We usually grill over charcoal at this timing: medium heat, 3min flip, 3min flip, 3min flip, 3min flip. Rest it for about 10 minutes.
Steak preference range of cook time, your setup and taste will vary.
Mango Pico Assembly
Chop everything up and throw all in bowl except!!! mango.
Stir it up and reserve 1/4 of mixture.
Add mango to remaining 3/4 mixture and stir/mix in.
In microwave or stove top carefully Heat up 1/4 block of Velveeta cheese, shot of milk, and add 1/4 pico without mango.
Follow instructions on bag
- Plate it all up however you see fit!
- This is also good with fresh tortillas to make tacos.
- It's not a bad thing if queso falls on the meat 😉
➕ Nutrition - About
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits. If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn