Blackbeard's Grilled Seafood Sandwich
- 1 lb fish (fillet, I do Red's when fresh but Swai is my addiction 24/7)
- 6 oz shrimp (='s 6 shrimp jumbo cleaned)
- 4 oz bacon (='s 2 slices)
- 1 oz sour cream
- 2 tbs Cottonmouth
- 1 tbs relish (sweet, sour, both)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz bread (='s 1 bun)
- 1 tsp lime (squeeze)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 oz lettuce (a leaf or two)
- Bake your bacon at 350 for 30 minutes in oven. This is what bottlenecks and takes all the time so precooked would be great.
- Get your pit up to medium high on half side and a small pan on stove at medium heat to toast bun.
- Coat all sides of the red fish and shrimp with Cottonmouth.
- Sprinkle dash of salt all over too. To taste, less is safer.
- Put butter in heated pan and drop both sides of bun on top.
- Pull buns from heat when browned. Should be about 2 minutes.
- Place fish on grill to the side of the heat source.
- Start timer for 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp on grill.
- How's the redfish doing? Ready to flip? Make the call, look for white up the side and or dark grill marks. The timer lets you know you're close.
- Do the same for shrimp on whether to flip or not.
- Grill marks are not as important as seeing white rise at the side of animal. Half way up it's time to flip. Depending on your heat "power" you may not get any grill marks worth writing home about. It will be fine, no worries 😉
- Pull when other side is done and squirt some lime all it/them.
- Stack it all up and add whatever makes your best fish sandwich the best!
➕ Last 12 Recipes
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust or substitute ingredients to your taste. These recipes didn’t come from a written measured recipe. They are made, noted, measured on the fly, then pumped up here when time permits and most importantly only if they tasted good.
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used