Grilled Swai The Mysterious FishInstagram #txbut042
- 2 pounds Swai. That’s about 3 fillets.
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Cottonmouth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shot of no stick spray
- Dash of salt
- 1 cast iron grill or actual BBQ grill
- 1 bag shoestring frozen french fries
- 1 block of Velveeta cheese or enough to drizzle over fries
- 3 tbsp RED salsa
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 jalapeno diced deseeded for milder
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 bunch cilantro diced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- Another dash of salt
- However you want to grill. It’s a pretty firm fish. I used a cast iron grill pan.
- Heat grill pan to medium high.
- Rub olive oil, salt, and Cottonmouth all over you fish fillets.
- Lightly spray pan or grill and lay in the fish. Using a grill pan I could only cook 1 at a time so that’s why I say do this part 2nd.
- The fillets were thick so I did 4 minute flip, 4 minute flip, and final 3 minutes.
- Plate them up.
- Since you can’t buy ¼ of an onion a lot of the above ingredients on all the recipes will likely involve buying whole using an amount of it.
- Save a dash of cilantro for garnish.
- So take all of these: 1 cup tomato, 1 jalapeno, ¼ onion, 1 cup cilantro, 1 garlic clove, 1 dash of salt, and throw in a bowl. Mix well and let sit. Boom pico in the making!
- Bake shoestring fries like the bag says. Think it’s about 20-25-minutes.
- In another bowl put 4 ounces of diced Velveeta and 1 ounce of milk. (you can add RED or spices)
- Cook in microwave for 30 seconds, check, and stir. Rinse and repeat until cheese is smooth.
- Finish off the plate to the top. Fish, pico on top of it. Fries, queso on top of them, then Salsa on top of that. Add avocado and you’re good to go!
9 times outa 10 these recipes are made for one but will feed more.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn