Mega BurgerInstagram #txbut021
Mega Mushroom Bacon Swiss Burger
A favorite all time burger of mine but I have to admit this one was too big. You see a lot of huge burgers on Instagram and I let it go to my head. Although a great burger, I like a burger I can control with one hand max two. This recipes ingredient amounts is for the above burger but I wouldn’t hesitate to cut the meat in half. I used our Dawgs Bark seasoning and that’s all because this was also a product test. It made for an awesome post on IG tho...
Course: Main Course
Burger Meat Parts
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp Dawgs Bark
- 1 hamburger bun I used regular one Sunbeam I think
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ cup sliced mushroom
- ¼ medium onion
- 1 clove sliced garlic
- 1 slice of tomato
- Start your charcoal if you are grilling on the pit.
- If your bacon isn’t cooked heat oven to 350 and bake bacon on cookie sheet for 30 minutes or until appears cooked.
- Take all your ground beef and make a patty and sprinkle Dawgs Bark on both sides.
- Place burger patty over red hot coals and monitor for flare ups. If the coals get too much fire blowing up move patty to cooler side of the grill.
- Flip as needed and it’s done when clear juices run out or your thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
Burger Parts Prep
- You can do a lot if not all of this while coals coal out.
- In a medium high heat pan add shot of olive oil, garlic, sliced onion, and pinch of salt.
- Cook till translucent and place in bowl off to side.
- In same pan, throw in mushrooms and cook until light brown. Put those in a bowl.
- Pour excess oil from pan and put back on heat.
- Place both sides of bun in pan to brown or toast the white part.
Build Your Mega Burger
- From bottom to top: plate bottom bun, tomato, pinch of salt, grilled onions, burger patty, mushrooms, swiss cheese, and bacon.
- Place in microwave and cook for about 30 seconds to get cheese melting.
- Drop on top of bun and you are done!
Mayonnaise on bun top is great but not used on this burger.
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe and are made on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much and translated voice to text. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. Thanks - Shawn