Perfect Pico De Gallo
- 7 oz tomato raw (about 1 medium)
- 1 oz jalapeno (1 jalapeno)
- 2 oz onion (1/4 a medium onion)
- 1 tbs cilantro (chopped or hand torn)
- 1 tsp garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbs lime (half a lime squeezed optional)
- Cut the tomato in half through the stem naval.
- Scoop all the tomato seeds out with a spoon.
- Cut out the tomatoes naval, dice the flesh, and drain in a strainer.
- De-head the jalapeno, cut long strips about 3/8” wide, and dice strips about same size.
- Cut onion in four top to stem.
- Pull skin on 1/4 quarter piece of the onion, discard root bottom and tip, dice 1/4 inch.
- Cut tip and root bottom off garlic clove.
- With the side of your knife smash garlic clove against cutting board and discard skin.
- Rough chop the garlic to about 1/16 and 1/8 inch.
- Pull a handful of cilantro off and rough chop it.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl, squeeze half the lime in and mix well (optional lime).
- Let sit on counter at least one hour to let the garlic chill out. It’s even better refrigerated over night.
- Thank you for reading my Pico Talk.
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn