Made for one, this is a quick way to dazzle up breakfast. Unlike the other shrimp and grits recipes on here this is not done casserole style. Not only is it fast, it’s fantastic and easy to scale.
- 1/4 cup grits
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz cheese (cheddar, colby..)
- 3 oz shrimp (= cleaned 6+ lg. about 1/4 lb)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp Cottonmouth
- 1/4 salt (just a dash)
- Sprinkle Cottonmouth all over shrimp. You can use what Cajun blend you have in your pantry, ugg..
- Get a pan up to medium heat.
- Slice 4 to 5 thin pieces of cheese by hand from end of regular ole cheese block. About 3/16 thick and 1”x2” rectangles. This way will keep cheese and grits from completely incorporating. Shredded is fine too.
- Drop in butter a swirl till it melts.
- Drop shrimp in butter and cook both sides about 3 minutes or until not translucent. Turn off heat.
- Combine grits, water and salt in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- When are finished place cheese over top and stir into the hot grits.
- Pour shrimp and butter on cheesed grits bowl then mix in.
- Garnish and tear it up!
Sub chicken broth for water for added “wowser”. I cooked scrambles eggs in the shrimp pan during the fiasco. Cottonmouth has plenty of garlic but you could use fresh cooked with the shrimp.
© Texas Butter®
Amount Per Serving (355 g)
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13g81%
Vitamin A 2415IU48%
Vitamin C 3.5mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn