Smoked Pork Shoulder, That's a Wrap
- 10 lb pork shoulder (10 to 15 lbs)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup Sowflakes
- 1/2 cup butter (melted and optional)
- Get your smoker rolling to 250 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredient except the Sowflakes.
- Inject shoulder in 4-5 spots. Squirt about ⅓ injection juice pull needle up a little, push back in in different direction, and squirt another ⅓ injection juice. Repeat until no more juice.
- Sprinkle Sowflakes dy rub all over pork shoulder.
- Insert thermometer with a lead to center of meat careful to not touch bone.
- Place pork shoulder fat side down on smoker off heat best you can and close smoker and all dampers.
- Now we’re only looking at what the temperature says. Does it say 165 yet? If not do not open pit unless you left damper open and it caught fire. Your looking at 6 hours.
- Does it say 165 yet? Yes, OK good pull thermometer out and place shoulder in foil pan or something that will hold it to get it inside. Should be at 6 hours but can vary in time.
- Start oven to 250 degrees or keep smoker at 250.
- Place heavy duty foil on counter and wrap your shoulder.
- Place another piece on counter and wrap again.
- Do this at least 2 times, 3 sure wouldn't hurt.
- Put wrapped shoulder in the foil tray you used to bring meat inside.
- Insert thermometer with lead and place in oven or smoker.
- Now we are waiting for the temperature to hit 195. It will stall like something's broke but don’t worry it will eventually kick in and hit 195 Mine took another 5 hours.
- So far we got 6 hours on open smoked and 5 on wrapped cook = 11 hours.
- Now that you have pulled the shoulder it will go up in temp anywhere for 200 to 210.
- It is very hot to handle but you can start shredding whenever you like.
- I actually wait till it cools which is another 4 hours.
- Takes a lot of time but the results are bomb dot com!
© Texas Butter®
➕ Last 12 Recipes
If you don’t have any Texas Butter I guess we’ll overlook it if you use what’s in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much other than what my browser flags. Well, in general I can’t spell worth a crap. Thanks – Shawn
➕ Product Used