Swissed Bacon Shroom SlidersInstagram #txbut047
These sliders came out great especially since my grocer picked up a box or three of sweet rolls. Sweet rolls are popular around the holidays because they make the best gravy sopper-uppers… I cooked the patty a little different than usual by baking one large patty to cover the bag of sweet rolls. Usually sweet rolls will come in one piece but creased to make it easy to pull away a roll. You’ll read below that the rolls are left intact but cut in half to make a top and bottom.
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 tbsp Dawgs Bark
- 1 pack cheap bacon
- 1 onion minced any type
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounce white mushrooms sliced or chopped up.
- I pack sliced swiss cheese
- 1 bag sweet rolls. Mine are from King’s Hawaiian est 1950
- 4 tbsp butter
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray bottom of large Pyrex with no stick spray.
- Cover the bottom of Pyrex evenly with ground meat.
Sprinkle Dawgs Bark over evenly or what ever spice you like but at least some salt.
- Put in oven for 40 minutes.
- The patty will shrink, this is why I say large Pyrex cause it needs to somewhat match bread size when cooked.
- Cook your bacon. I cooked mine on a rack on top of a cookie sheet. Cooked it with the burger meat. You could do this in microwave or even in a pan, but get it just before crispy.
- In a medium sized medium heat pan drop in all the butter.
- Add the onions, garlic, and salt then cook until brown.
- This will take a minute so get your patty on a plate to drain and clean the Pyrex.
- When onion and garlic are done throw in the mixture until the mushrooms are well incorporated and soaked up most the juice/butter.
- Spray bottom of Pyrex again and cut sweet rolls so you have a top and a bottom. Two pieces total.
- Put bottom of rolls in Pyrex.
- Stack your patty, bacon, mushroom mix, and layer sliced cheese. Make all of these cover evenly.
- Cover with foil and back again for 25 minutes.
- Pull from oven let set until you can pull off foil and serve!
About The Recipes:
- Made for product testing
- Most requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for our products
- Shawn gots hungry