Texan Swedish MeatballsInstagram #txbut082
Don’t know what’s in a true Swedish meatball but I’m filing them under Swede. The gravy is pretty close to Swedish, I think… Everything turned out really good except if you like thinner pasta like myself then you might want to consider your favorite pasta or an extra scoop or three of gavy. If you're Texan and got outa state guest yer gonna have to pull out the Texas pasta or it’s Texas pride abuse. State Law Sec:527 code:8242 !!!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage or ground pork.
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 cups swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can beef broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 slices chopped bacon
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Dash of Dawgs Bark
- Start oven to 350 degrees
- Really easy! Put everything on a bowl and mix it all up. You’ll have to pinch the cream cheese a little but don’t have to get it completely mixed. Just a good flow is fine.
- Since we are baking these you won’t want to do them on the grate over cookie sheet way like I normally do. The balls have a lot more fat and will push through grate.
- Take an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet and spray some non-stick over it.
- Take about ¼ to ⅓ cup of your meat mixture, roll into a ball, and place on cookie sheet.
- You should end up with about 12 balls total.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, check for done, and you’ll probably need to go another 15 minutes.
- While the balls are a cookin start 2 time’n.
- In a medium heated pan cook the chopped bacon to your desired crispy.
- Put in a dash of Dawgs Bark and right behind that throw in the chopped garlic.
- Push garlic and bacon around until garlic breaks from raw.
- Turn heat up a little and pour in the can of broth.
- Drop in rosemary sprig bring to boil and drop temp down to simmer.
- Pull rosemary sprig and whisk in heavy cream.
- Simmer sauce for about 10 minutes to your desired consistency. You can add a little flour and it will thicken up too just don’t add too much. Like 1 teaspoon at a time. I didn’t use flour.
- Cook your pasta the way you like! This way done al dente which is about 5 minutes. Your package will have times.
- Plate it all up and get after it! Too simple to not try if ya like the ingredients. It doesn’t get a IMO 5 but should on taste alone 😉
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn