TexMex LasagnaInstagram #txbut061
- Used a 11x9x4 throwaway pan but I think a regular Pyrex will do the trick.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Dust
- 2 cups Asiago shredded
- 2 cups Marbled Jack shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces Scorched salsa
- 1 pack corn tortillas. (about 30)
- 1 can Ranch Style beans
- 1 jalapeno diced (seeded and washed for milder)
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Small can of black olives
- 2 avocados
- 1 super smashed garlic clove
- Salt dashes
- Start oven at 350
- In a medium heat pan brown the ground meat and drain.
- Put drained meat back in pan and add ¼ cup Taco Dust and one cup of water.
- Push taco meat around for about 3 minutes and turn off heat.
- In your baking dish spray no stick stuff.
- Add a layer of tortillas. I don’t like too much tortilla stacking or holes in the splitters so to avoid it I’ll cut in half and put straight sides along,against the sides of pan. Then cover middle.
- Add another layer of Scorched
- Add your taco meat.
- Add 2 cups Asiago cheese.
- Add layer of tortillas.
- Add can of beans,
- Add 2 cups shredded Cheddar.
- Add layer of tortillas.
- Add rest of Scorched, tomatoes, jalapenos, lastly cheese.
- Chunk in oven for 30 minutes uncovered. After the meat is cooked the rest goes pretty fast and your meat is probably still hot. This could be a 45 minute cook, just check for melted browning cheese on top.
- While all that’s cooking field dress and cut the meat out of avocados.
- In a bowl smash up with smashed garlic and dash with salt until it’s right.
- When done baking cut out a slice or 2, plate, and cover with thick smear of the guac.
- Throw some black olives and cilantro on top.
- You know the drill 😉
Put what you like in this. Main thing to remember is always put a sauce or wet on top the tortillas at each layer. The can of beans layer didn’t need moisture but like straight layer of just meat will remind you what dry is.
About The Recipes:
Hay yall! Don’t be afraid to adjust ingredients to your taste. None of these recipes came from a written measured recipe. They are made and noted on the fly. If you don't have any Texas Butter I guess we'll overlook it if you use what's in your pantry. Be sure to ask how something turned out or you have questions. Expect grammar errors, these are not checked much. Well, in general I can't spell worth a crap. Will hashtag recipes that match a search here and the same hashtag in the Instagram's image comments. Hashtags will look something like #txbut001. In a nut shell these are made for:
- Product testing
- Requested site feature
- Speed and cost matter
- We eat our own dog food
- Ideas for products
- Shawn gots hungry
- Couple three birds, one stone...
Thanks - Shawn